Plan-B Art Festival was founded in the year 2016 by four people that are born and raised in the Borgarnes area and work in the creative sector. The founders are Logi Bjarnason artist, Sigþóra Óðinsdóttir artist, Sigursteinn Sigurðsson architect and Inga Björk Margrétar Bjarnadóttir, art theorist and a curator.
The team wanted to bring back the skills and the creative forces that art had given them to their home-town and enrich the town with lively cultural experience. Plan-B Art Festival was born. The name is influenced because of Borgarnes’s history as an industrial town. Decades ago the agriculture and industry were flourishing but times have changed and now it’s time for Plan-B — art and culture.
Since then Bára Dís Guðjónsdóttir, Sigrún Gyða Sveinsdóttir, Guðlaug Gunnarsdóttir and Agnar Freyr Stefánsson have joined the team and share the teams' connection to Borgarnes and the creative field.
- Agnar Freyr Stefánsson // Graphic Designer & Project Manager
- Bára Dís Guðjónsdóttir // Project Manager
- Guðlaug Gunnarsdóttir // Artist & Project Manager
- Inga Björk Margrétar Bjarnadóttir // Art Theorist & Founder of Plan-B
- Logi Bjarnason // Artist & Founder of Plan-B
- Sigrún Gyða Sveinsdóttir // Artist & Project Manager
- Sigthora Óðinsdóttir // Artist, Founder of Plan-B